Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Najib Manifesto Racial: my Malaysian Status?

Update: Malaysiakini has reported that the manifesto is from a support group and is not official.

Photo of Najib Abd. Razak courtesy of Malaysiakini


Najib Abdullah the Malaysian Prime Minister to be???? revealed his manifesto today which unfortunately do not seem to indicate that if he ever succeed to become the Prime Minister, he will not be a Prime Minister for ALL MALAYSIANS. The part which caused me to think so is:

"I will defend the supremacy of the Malays until the last drop of my blood if I win the mandate of the delegates to become the next Umno president at election to be held in March 2009. This is the solemn promise I made to my late father before he died,”


This bit coming from a Deputy Prime Minister is very discouraging to me, a non-Malay born and bred in Malaysia with no other country to call my motherland other than Malaysia. Well is Malay Supremacy is of paramount importance here, where do I stand as a non-Malay Malaysian? Am I a second class or third class Malaysian? Is my status as a Malaysian secondary to those Malaysians who migrated to Malaysia from Indonesia or those born to Indonesian migrants but considered as a Malay?

No comments: