Lim said Police brutality this time around has been magnified; there is more police brutality (compared to last year.) There was arbitrary use of tear gas, water cannons.
The events showed an “urgent” need for the police force to undergo a “transformation programme”, to be changed by force of statute through the establishment of the recommended Independent Police Complaints and Misconduct Commission (IPCMC).
Venue: Sunway Putra Hotel (formerly Legend Hotel)
Date: Friday 11 May 2012
Resolutions1. Call on the police to identify errant personnel and surrender them for prosecution,
2.Renew calls for an Independent Police Complaints and Misconduct Commission,
3.Call for a public apology from the Home Minister and Inspector-General of Police for the police tactics in dispersing the crowd,
4.Call for a public apology from the Home Minister and inspector-general of police for assault cases perpetrated by the force,
Call for just compensation5. Call for an independent commission to outline police conduct in managing public assemblies and the use of lethal and non-lethal force according to international standards;
6. Call on the government to pay just compensation to those assaulted on protest day,
7. Condemning the police action of denying legal representation to those arrested,
8. To look into ways of assisting those wronged during the rally to pursue claims against the relevant parties for just compensation,
9. Call on government to prevent crimes against media professionals and to ensure their safety,
10. Call on The Kuala Lumpur City Hall to uphold freedom of assembly including at Dataran Merdeka and,
11. Reaffirm the right to public assemblies exercised in a responsible manner.