Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Alert: Never spray aerosols near a fire

Please take very careful attention: All aerosol are highly imflammable. Some even place their aerosols under the gas stove or near gas tank. Please don’t:

This could be a common mistake in any household. Do read carefully please and circulate.

This is shocking accident happened on 13th May 2011 in Pune. This may be a good, useful lesson in safety for all of us.  

A housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen. Her husband too was hospitalized for injuries due to burns while trying to rescue his wife.    How it happened?:-   The gas stove was on and cooking under process. The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect killer and sprayed it near the gas stove, which was on. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustaining 65% burns. Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife was declared dead on arrival.   

Let us understand:-   All insect killer sprays such as "Hit", "Motrin" etc. have highly volatile and inflammable solvents.  The atomized nano spray particles spread extremely rapidly and one spark is enough to ignite this explosive mixture with oxygen present in air. Did the poor lady realize the hazard involved? Apparently not!

Please educate your family about this and spread the word around.... who knows you may save more than a life....

No comments: