Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2018

Azmin Ali, Zaid Ibrahim and Hulu Selangor by-elecion

Mahathir thinks that Azmin Ali is Prime Minister material but was not chosen. Why was he not chosen? My guess is DAP and Amanah is not comfortable with him as shown the tussles experienced in the Kajang move.

But what do I think of Azmin Ali? Perhaps Azmin Ali has the administer ability as shown by him becoming the Mentri Besar of Selangor. However, I too is not sure of what I really think of him, whether I would be comfortable with him eventually becoming the PM candidate.

Why? Perhaps has the political prowess to move around in political arena. But is he ruthless in this pursue?

I was polling agent for the 25th March 2010 by-election. I remembered meeting up with a group of other polling agents in Bangsar in the early morning of that day to carpool to Kuala Kubu Baru. And this was what happened. On the night before the by-election, we were informed that the voting center where we were supposed to be on duty was changed. Then when we met at Bangsar, there was another changed. Not only that, on the way to Kuala Kubu Baru, we were told of another change. I can't remember if on arrival at Kuala Kubu Baru if there was a fourth change in polling center.

All this was causing confusion. Why were there so many unnecessary changes till we were not sure because of all this confusion, there might be certain places where there might be some polling centers? Were there some sabotage? I can't say for sure but I have suspicions.

There are talks that Azmin Ali was not happy with Zaid Ibrahim in PKR and that he view Zaid as a threat to his position in PKR? Did Azmin Ali and his cohorts worked to sabotage Zaid Ibrahim chances in the Hulu Selangor by-election? I don't have the inside stories but if you have please leave your comments in the comment box below.

By the way, Zaid Ibrahim lost the by-election to P. Kamalanathan (the notorious hand kisser) by a slim margin of 3.6%

No comments: