Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Royal Commissiion on VK Lingam Tape: Some statements and comments

As reported on the front page of theSun, former Chief Justice Tun Ahmad Fairuz testified on Monday, 28 January 2008. Here are excerpts of his testimonies:

"I immediately thought that it (the video) was defamatory. Two things crossed my mind First, that it may be a fabrication and the other person speaking in the video clip wanted to impress someone...."

"I issued letters to the Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister in the Prime Minister's department to express my opinion and position on the video"

Note the use of "thought" and "opinion". I did not see in the report anywhere that Tun Ahmad Fairuz categorically denied he was the other person on the other line of the phone conversation. Draw your own conclusions from these "thought" and "opinion" and the lack of a direct denial.

No comments: